After you give blood the body assesses changes occurred, making the needed adjustments for circulation to operate suitably. Simultaneously, blood production elements will be stimulated until previous donation values are leveled up.
In order to promote the adjustments your body performs, you must:
- Remain calmed
- Wait for those adjustments at least 5 minutes before changing posture
- Enable the closing of puncture site, avoiding frequent friction and removing the Band-Aid after 2 hours.
- Hydrate little by little with 16 ounces of liquids (500 ml) for the first 2 hours
- Not smoke for the next 2 hours
- Not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours
- Not perform any intense physical effort for a period of 6 hours.